lunes, 20 de junio de 2016

While I was reading Chomsky´s theory about First Language Acquisition my kids, my boy who is almost two years old and my girl who is six years old, were always on my mind. I couldn´t stop making connections between my experience with their language acquisition and the theory I was reading. I could see Chomsky´s theory put into practice in almost every point. However, I tried to find something to reject it. Obviously, I couldn´t.
     Chomsky is great! It is unbelievable how he could explain so clearly something so complicated but at the same time something that everyone in the world acquires effortlessly.
     The most interesting point in his theory, from my point of view, was the explanation he gave about how the input that children received changed when it was in the black box (the Universal Grammar that we are born with) and developed allowing them to produce output much more complex.
     How is a child able to produce utterances that he has never listened to? How is he able to master the acquisition of any language in the world? The only person in History that was able to explain it in a clear way was Chomsky.

                                                                                                                        Martínez Cintia.

1 comentario:

  1. Yes... it is impossible not to think of our little ones when reading about FLA!

    ResponderBorrar